A newborn’s skin is delicate and requires special care and attention. Comfort Pure fabric conditioner is specifically designed for your baby’s delicate skin. It’s hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested, plus its skincare research is recognised by the British Skin Foundation.
Whether you’re a first-time parent or an old hand, we’ve brought together a range of tips and advice about caring for your new baby’s health and wellbeing, which are designed to ensure your baby gets the special care their delicate skin requires.
Indy Rihal, from the British Skin Foundation, recommends these ways to take care of your baby’s sensitive skin:
- Bathe your baby regularly to keep skin clean
- Choose clothes that allow the skin to breathe – such as cotton and natural fibres
- To avoid nappy rash and irritation, never leave a wet or dirty nappy on for longer than necessary
- Baby wipes are safe, but if they seem to irritate your baby’s skin, stop using them
- Select clothes, linen and products that are specially designed for babies’ sensitive skin
While all babies have sensitive skin, other skin problems such as eczema are also common. There are a few things you can do at home that might help, as Indy explains:
- Harsh soaps and cleansers can dry out your baby’s skin, making it more prone to eczema
- If your baby has eczema, it’s important to apply an emollient (moisturisers) at bath time
- Keep your home dust-free and well ventilated
- Wool keeps your body warm, but can irritate some children’s skin, especially those with eczema. It is best to wear a light cotton garment underneath.